Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Adventures In Soap Making


Relax and unwind with this soothing lavender glycerin soap! Extra virgin olive oil was added for extra moisturizing, and gently crushed lavender flowers provide soothing and gentle exfoliation. This soap works into a creamy lather, and it will leave your skin soft and smooth with just a hint of lavender fragrance. No artificial colors have been used.

Lavender is said to aid in sleep and relaxation, and lavender oil has antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties that are perfect for soothing skin.

I had so much fun making this soap! I am very excited to make more soaps to add to the shop later this week. I've become very interested in making soaps with all natural ingredients. I am learning how to get beautiful colors just by using things found in nature, and it is really fascinating to see what can be achieved using simple spices and herbs. My mom and I have been using this lavender soap since I made it, and we both can't stop using it! I was surprised at the rich, smooth lather of the soap, and it has made my hands so soft. It doesn't irritate any scratches or cuts, either (because sometimes cats don't know how to play nice!). They smell really great, too! I gently crushed the lavender flowers with a mortar and pestle to release more of their scent. The lavender flowers also provide a gentle exfoliation that leaves your skin feeling smooth. The lavender scent is also very light on your skin.

Be sure to check out my Etsy shop for more soaps to be added very soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment